Landowners in Montcalm, Kent & Ionia Counties
Are YOU Interested in Learning More About Your Forest?
The residents of Montcalm, Kent & Ionia Counties can request FREE assistance regarding the management of their forests from the District Forester, Nick Sanchez. Michigan’s forests are a tremendously valuable resource, your private land is no exception. Engaging in active, sustainable forest management can help you maintain forest health and productivity, as well as meet your goals and objectives for the land. Whether you’re interested in enhancing wildlife habitat, sustainable tree farming, hosting a timber sale, improving timber quality, or controlling invasive species, contact your District Forester and schedule a free on-site evaluation today. The District Forester can provide you with information and assistance in the following forms:
- On-Site Property Evaluation
- Forest Management Guidance and Recommendations
- Wildlife Habitat Improvement
- Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program – Forest, Wetland, & Habitat Asyst
- Tree Planting Recommendations
- Plant, Insect, and Disease Identification
- Qualified Forest Program & Other Tax Incentives
- Forest Stewardship Program
- American Tree Farm System
- Cost-share Information
Considering a harvest? Click Here!
Contact Your District Forester
Complete the form below to request assistance. In the message box, please provide a description of your property, location information, and the type of assistance you are looking for (ie Forest Management Plan, Timber Sale Assistance, Wildlife Habitat Recommendations, Tree and Shrub Planting Recommendations, etc). We're looking forward to working with you on your property, thank you for your interest.